Device groups allow you to group or tag your devices that are of the same type or in the same location. Grouping your devices enables you to send messages or commands in bulk to all devices associated to the group.
Before you can associate devices to a group, you must first create a device group in your instance. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Devices > Device Groups from the navigation menu of the Platform Console. The Device Groups page displays.
- From the Device Groups page, click New Device Group. The New Device Group page displays.
- Enter a name for the device group.
- If you want to assign a parent group to the device group you are creating, select a device group from the Parent Group drop-down menu.
Note: All device groups assigned to the parent group will receive the messages or commands sent to the devices associated to that parent group.
- Click Create Device Group. A confirmation message saying your device group is successfully created will be displayed.