Before you can create a command template, you must have a device command created in your account. For information on how to create a device command, refer to Creating a Device Command article.
To create a command template, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Commands > Command Templates from the navigation menu of the Platform Console. The Command Templates page displays.
- Click New Command Template. The New Command Template page displays.
- Enter the name, tag, and description for the command template.
- From the Icon field, click the Attach icon to upload an icon you want to use for the command template.
- After providing the details and icon for the command template, click Add Command. The Add Commands dialog displays.
- From the Commands drop-down menu, select the device command you want to use for your command template. Note that you can select multiple device commands.
- Click Add to complete adding a device command. The Add Commands dialog closes and you will be directed back to the New Command Template page.
- By default, your command template is shared to all users of the platform. To configure the sharing options of your command template, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, proceed to step 11.
- Click the Sharing Options tab.
- Select the Make Private checkbox if you do not want to share your command template to other accounts in the platform. If you want to keep the command template private but want to share it to specific accounts, select the account ID of the users you want to share your command template with.
- Click Create Template. A confirmation message saying your command template has been created will be displayed.
|Back to Top||< Previous | Next >|