Dataset is used to store the data sent by the device. This data is then used as part of the visualization of data in the dashboard. Note that you cannot build a dashboard without building a dataset first.
To build a dataset, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Pipeline Studio from the navigation menu of your Platform Console. The Create/Load Pipeline dialog displays.
- Click the Create a new Pipeline option. The Pipeline Studio page displays.
- From the Pipeline Studio page, select the HTTP Gateway plugin from the Gateway category on the left pane then drag and drop the plugin onto the design canvas.
Note: The HTTP Gateway plugin must be pinned first before you can use it. To pin a plugin, click the Pin New Gateway Plugin button then select the HTTP Gateway plugin from the Pin Plugin to Pipeline dialog that displays.
- Select the Data Sets plugin from the Other category then drag and drop the plugin onto the design canvas.
- Connect the two plugins by dragging the output terminal of the HTTP Gateway plugin to the input terminal of the Data Sets.
- Double-click the HTTP Gateway plugin to configure it. For HTTP Gateway, you only need to enter the gateway name as the other required fields are auto-populated and the other fields are optional.
- Double-click the Data Sets plugin to configure it. For Data Sets, the Device and Date/Time Columns and Data Types are provided by default and cannot be modified except for the Key name. For the purpose of this article, we will add another column with the following details as shown from the example below:
- Column Name - Enter Temperature as the column name.
- Date Type - Select Integer from the drop-down menu.
- Key - Enter temp as the key name.
- Click Save to save the plugin configuration.
- After you have configured the two plugins, click Save & Deploy then complete and save the pipeline information.
|Back to Top||< Previous | Next >|