This article will guide the user on how the data be converted into a numerical figures.
- Registered Device
- Fully Configured Dataset Pipeline
- Data in the dataset
Once the pre-requisites have been accomplished, one can continue and build a query value visualisation for the data. The dataset configuration below will be used in this article for sampling purposes.
Now let's proceed to the creation of the visualisation in the dashboard. The steps below provides detailed information on configuring a query value visualisation:
- Click the mega menu on the top-left corner of the navigation header and select Dashboard Studio OR if the user starts at the homepage, click the Dashboard Studio icon/link.
- Upon landing on the Dashboard Studio page, click the Add Visualisation button which is on the upper right section of the page.
- An un-configured widget will appear on the main section of the Dashboard Studio page.
- To configure the widget, click the Configure button in the middle.
- On the widget configuration pop-up, enter a descriptive name and an optional description for the Visualisation Widget.
- Select a dataset which holds the data that we'll visualise. For this article, The dataset that will be used is the Temperature Dataset which is specified above.
- For the visualisation type select the query value visualisation.
Query Value Option
- Metric - The field or property which contains the value from the data.
- Aggregation - Determines what kind of grouping to apply to the metric.
- Latest - The recently received reading for the metric.
- Average - The average reading for the metric.
- Sum - The total reading for the metric.
- Max - The highest reading for the metric.
- Min - The lowest reading for the metric.
- Decimal Precision - Determines number of decimal places.
- Color - Determines what color to apply for the metric.
- By Device - Filter the data or result set by the id of the device. Entering multiple id of device is allowed.
After the configuration the query value visualisation, click the Configure button to display the result of configured visualisation. Then click Save Dashboard to save the dashboard.