A map visualisation allows the device to communicate to the platform and be presented to the dashboard which plots the where the device located. This a guide on how a device communicates through the dashboard wherein the devices sends the data and be plotted to the map. Now proceed on how the map visualisation functions.
- Registered Device
- Fully Configured Dataset Pipeline
- Data in the Dataset
Once the pre-requisites have been accomplished, one can continue and build a map visualisation for the data. The dataset configuration below will be used in this article for sampling purposes.
Now let's proceed to the creation of the visualisation in the dashboard. The steps below provides detailed information on configuring a map visualisation:
- Click the mega menu on the top-left corner of the navigation header and select Dashboard Studio OR if the user starts at the homepage, click the Dashboard Studio icon/link.
- Upon landing on the Dashboard Studio page, click the Add Visualisation button which is on the upper right section of the page.
- An un-configured widget will appear on the main section of the Dashboard Studio page.
- To configure the widget, click the Configure button in the middle.
- On the widget configuration pop-up, enter a descriptive name and an optional description for the Visualisation Widget.
- Select a dataset which holds the data that we'll visualise. For this article, The dataset that will be used is the Temperature Dataset which is specified above.
- For the visualisation type select the map visualisation.
Set Longitude and Latitude
- Longitude - The longitude property or key from the data.
- Latitude - The latitude property or key from the data.
Set Marker Icon and Color
- Marker Icon - Allows the user to search for the icon of the marker.
- Marker Color - Allows the user to select the color of the marker.
Set Metric - The field of data that will be displayed of the device.
- By Device - Filter the data or result set by the id of the device. Entering multiple id of device is allowed.
- By Group - Filter the data or result set by the id of the device group id. Entering multiple id of device group is allowed.
After the configuration the map visualisation, click the Configure button to display the result of configured visualisation. Then click Save Dashboard to save the dashboard.