This article aims to provide detailed information on how a time-series visualisations are configured to represent data in a chronological manner. The different options for time-series visualisations are also described to inform about its features and functionalities.
- Registered Device
- Fully Configured Dataset Pipeline
- Data in the dataset
Once the pre-requisites have been accomplished, one can continue and build a time-series visualisation for the data. The dataset configuration below will be used in this article for sampling purposes.
Now let's proceed to the creation of the visualisation in the dashboard. The steps below provides detailed information on configuring a time-series visualisation:
- Click the mega menu on the top-left corner of the navigation header and select Dashboard Studio OR if the user starts at the homepage, click the Dashboard Studio icon/link.
- Upon landing on the Dashboard Studio page, click the Add Visualisation button which is on the upper right section of the page.
- An un-configured widget will appear on the main section of the Dashboard Studio page.
- To configure the widget, click the Configure button on the middle.
- On the widget configuration pop-up, enter a descriptive name and an optional description for the Visualisation Widget.
- Select a dataset which holds the data that will be visualised. For this article, The dataset that will be used is the Temperature Dataset which is specified above.
- For the visualisation type select the time-series visualisation.
- Metric - The field or property which contains the value from the data.
- Aggregation - Determines what kind of grouping to apply to the metric.
- Average - The average reading for the metric.
- Sum - The total reading for the metric.
- Max - The highest reading for the metric.
- Min - The lowest reading for the metric.
- Display - Determines how the metric is presented whether line or area.
- Color - Determines what color to apply for the metric.
- Add Metric - Allows the user to add another metric to the visualisation.
- By Device - Filter the data or result set by the id of the device. Entering multiple id of device is allowed.
- By Group - Filter the data or result set by the id of the device group id. Entering multiple id of device group is allowed.
Selecting the type of grouping between metric or device. Metric Option will let user to select the Aggregation, Display, and the Color while Device Option only allows the user to select the Metric.
After the configuration the table visualisation, click the Configure button to display the result of configured visualisation. Then click Save Dashboard to save the dashboard.