To do the actual mapping and data conversion, the mappings configuration must be loaded into a Data Mapper plugin in a pipeline.
Note: For the purpose of this article, we will be using the HTTP Gateway and Data Set plugins as examples.
To load data mappings in Data Mapper plugin, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Pipeline Studio then create a new pipeline.
- Locate the following plugins then drag and drop the plugins onto the design canvas as shown from the example below:
- HTTP Gateway
- Data Mapper
- Data Set
- Configure each plugin by providing the required details.
Note: For more information on how to configure a plugin, see Configuring Plugins in your Pipeline.
- In configuring the Data Mapper plugin, select the data mapping you want to use to convert your incoming data.
- After you have configured the plugins, connect them by dragging the output terminal of one plugin to the input terminal of another plugin as shown from the example below:
- Click Save & Deploy to run the pipeline.
Note: In the event that the data mapping has been modified, you must redeploy your pipeline to continue using the updated data mapping.
After you have saved and deployed your pipeline, you can start sending and receiving data in your plugins. For the purpose of this article, we will be using Postman as a HTTP client simulator in sending data to the HTTP Gateway plugin. Refer to the online help of the HTTP Gateway plugin for more information on how to use this plugin.
- Open Postman then enter the data you want to send to the HTTP Gateway in JSON format as shown from the sample screenshot below:
Note: The key names and data types of the data you are sending must be similar to the key names and data types of your source data schema.
- Click Send to send the data to the HTTP Gateway.
- To verify if the data was received by the HTTP Gateway plugin and was converted according to the target data schema of the data mapping, go to the Logs tab of each plugin:
As you can see from the screenshot below, the incoming data sent from Postman was successfully received by the HTTP Gateway plugin.
The Data Mapper and Data Set plugins successfully received the data from the HTTP Gateway plugin as well, with the data converted based on the target data schema specified on the data mapping.
|Back to Top||< Previous | Next >|