Data mapping functions can be used to transform data from a source schema's field before it is mapped into a target schema's field.
To use Data Mapping Functions, perform the following steps:
1. From the Source Schema drop-down menu, select the source schema for your incoming data.
2. From the Target Schema drop-down menu, select the target schema you want your outgoing data to be based upon.
3. Select either Function Template to pick from a previously saved template, or New Function. These will create a function on the canvas.
4. After you have selected the source and target schema as well as the custom function, map the data types by dragging the port from the source field to the function input port and from the custom function output port to the intended target field.
5. If configuration of the function is needed, double-clicking on it will open it up for configuration or editing. Click here to read on how to configure a function.
Note: You can add up to a maximum of 30 functions in the canvas.